1 hr 5 mins
These are soooooo good. Not something for everyday (well, actually, they CAN be made and frozen, so why not everyday? Oh yeah, my hips!!!) Definitely for a dinner party or special occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1For batter: Combine flour, sugar and salt.
- 2Whisk in milk, a little at a time, and whisk in eggs until batter is smooth.
- 3In a 7 inch non-stick pan, melt butter over moderately-high heat.
- 4Half fill a ¼ cup measure with the batter and, off the heat, pour the batter into the pan.
- 5Tilt and rotate pan quickly so that batter covers bottom in a thin layer and return any excess back into the bowl.
- 6Return pan to heat, loosen edge of blintz with a spatula, and cook until underside is browned lightly.
- 7Turn and brown other side.
- 8Repeat, using up all of batter.
- 9For filling: Combine farmers cheese, cream cheese and yolks until almost smooth and beat in sugar, salt, vanilla and lemon zest.
- 10Spoon 2 tblsps of filling onto blintz; fold in 2 sides and roll up to enclose filling.
- 11Put seam side down on a baking sheet.
- 12Repeat, using up all of crepes and filling.
- 13(blintzes can be made ahead and frozen at this point. Thaw and proceed with recipe.) In each of 2 large skillets, melt 2 tblsps of the butter over moderately-high heat, add blintzes and cook for 2 minutes.
- 14Turn carefully and cook until golden and heated through.
- 15Transfer to a heated platter and serve with sour cream and cherry preserves.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Blintzes
Serving Size: 1 (1981 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.7
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 206.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g