Recipe by Kristen in Chicago
We love Cheese Blintzes but sometimes they are a pain to make when you are in a hurry. This is an easy way to get the taste of blintzes with the ease of just throwing everything together. Might take a while the first time, but it gets easier after you make it a few times.
Top Review by gregory schulte
well not sure about the farmer cheese. i know i got the wrong stuff after i talked to mom. but what i used was dry curd crumbles instead. this was a pretty good breakfast dish. i didnt have a 2qt buti did have a 3qt 9X13 that i used and it turned out fine the flavor was good but i will use the actual farmer cheese next time in hope for a better texture. but a very nice breakfast dish.
- 1 lb cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 lb farmer cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling (or your preference)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine fist 7 ingredients, blending well and set aside.
- Grease a 2-quart long baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the next 7 ingredients until blended.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Pour all of the first mixture on top of the batter in the pan and top with the other 1/2 of remaining batter, being careful not to mix together.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Warm the pie filling and lemon peel together and pour over slices of the blintz.