Recipe by lazyme
Simple and good. Recipe from a friend who is also into having 'guinea pigs' to test things on.
Top Review by TasteTester
This is a delicious cheesy treat that's quick to make and perfect for a little snack. I really liked the filling, which had a nice tangy zing from the cayenne. I think perhaps I flattened the bread out too much because it was a little dry when it came out of the oven, even though I only cooked the cheese bites for 8 minutes. Next time I'm not going to roll the bread out as much and I'm guessing it will be perfect then!
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pimiento, finely chopped
- 1 dash cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 6 ingredients until well mixed in a medium bowl.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin.
- Spread each bread slice with about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- Roll up jelly-roll style.
- Sprinkle each roll with paprika.
- Place rolls in an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes until toasted.
- Cut each roll into 4 pieces.
- Make Ahead:.
- Freeze unbaked rolls on baking sheet until firm. Transfer frozen rolls to resealable freezer bag. Just before serving, thaw and bake as directed. To bake from frozen state, add an additional 2 minutes to baking time.