Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are cheesy cookie type crackers with a slight bite. Very tender.
Make and share this Cheese Bites recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup soft butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream cheese and butter;.
- add all other ingredients except pecans; mix well.
- Add pecans by hand; chill until easy to handle pinch walnut size pieces from dough and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- press down with fork.
- bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until set.
I made these as directed with store brand sharp cheddar cheese. Next time I will use a better brand of cheese, fewer nuts and more cayenne to kick up the flavor.
These are wonderful little cheese cookies. Of course, if cheese is involved, I am sure to like them!!!! Made exactly as directed. Thanks for the great recipe.