Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a great party food. Easy to make and very tasty!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (colby jack cheese is also good)
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) package bacon bits (or make your own)
- chopped jalapeno (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 9 in pan melt butter in oven 3 to 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl combine all ingredients except milk.
- Stir in milk until just moistened.
- Tun dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 10 times or until smooth.
- Pat or roll dough into a 12x6 inch rectangle.
- Cut into 12 (1-inch) strips.
- Dip each strip into melted butter in pan.
- Fold each strip in half.
- Place folded strips in 2 rows in same pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If I am making these for a party I usually double the recipe and cut each strip in half.
- It still makes a nice sized biscuit.
This recipe was totally awesome! I left out the jalapenos and used turkey bacon instead of regular bacon (less fat). My husband worshiped me after I made these. Thanks for a great recipe!