Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are great just on their own or served with cheese or dips. They can be frozen in logs to bake at a later date.
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 200 g tasty cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
- 250 g butter, cold and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place the flour, baking powder, salt and chilli flakes into the bowl of a food processor. Add the cheeses and process just enough to combine. Add the butter and process until it looks crumbly. Add the lemon juice and work the mixture into a dough.
- Turn the mixture out onto a floured board and work the dough into a ball. Divide the dough ball into two or three logs and wrap in cling film.
- Place the logs into the fridge (or freezer if wanting to freeze for later use).
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 150dg c and bring logs bring to room temperature, cut log into 3mm rings. Spray a baking tray very lightly with baking spray and place rings onto baking tray and bake until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container to keep them crisp.
Delicious, I made the second batch thicker and it seemed to give even more flavour than the thinner ones, I had to add a bit more lemon juice to make it mix easier for me - I forgot that my oven was waiting to be repaired, so actually cooked these in my convection microwave, will be making these again - thanks for posting