Recipe by CulinaryQueen
I had a good bit of cottage cheese and decided to try using it in a biscuit recipe. You could also use ricotta cheese but if you use the cottage cheese, I recommend pureeing it with a hand blender to make it smooth. Feel free to use herbs of your choice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese or 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190C/375°F.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, garlic powder, parsley and thyme and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cheese, egg, olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out circles with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until risen and lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on a rack.