Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had a good bit of cottage cheese and decided to try using it in a biscuit recipe. You could also use ricotta cheese but if you use the cottage cheese, I recommend pureeing it with a hand blender to make it smooth. Feel free to use herbs of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 190C/375°F.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, garlic powder, parsley and thyme and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cheese, egg, olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out circles with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until risen and lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on a rack.
Good low fat side. I used cottage cheese and shaped like scones, cutting in 8 wedges and separating before baking. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I had exactly 1/2 C ricotta cheese leftover that I needed to use up and when I saw this recipe, I had to try it. Although this recipe produced somewhat flatter biscuits than some, the taste was excellent. I used bouquet garni in place of parsley. I plan on sprinkling another 1 T+ of Parmesan cheese on top of biscuits before baking next time. Thank you Culinary queen for posting this wonderful recipe.