Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a straight forward recipe. If you have trouble with kneading and raising dough, try this and you will be pleasantly surprised.You can eat this alone or use it for a sandwich.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes fast rising yeast (instant yeast)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/3 cups flour, cheese, sugar, un-dissolved yeast and salt.
- Combine milk, water and butter and heat until very warm (microwave).
- Gradually stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix for 2 minutes at medium speed with mixer.
- Add the egg and 1 cup flour.
- Mix thoroughly at high speed.
- Stir in the remaining flour to make a stiff batter.
- Cover batter and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Turn the rested batter into 2 greased 2 1/2 inch loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hr or until doubled in size.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan after 5 minutes and cool on wire rack.