Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from my mother. It was originally from an old church or community cookbook. Whenever she brings it to potlucks this is the first thing people ask her to bring.
- 1 lb grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- Combine cheese, pecans, mayonnaise, and onion.
- Form into a one ball with a well or indentation in center.
- Place ball on serving plate and fill center with strawberry preserves.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
I made this for our Thanksgiving family get together -- it was very good and a big hit with the family :) The strawberry preserves were very sweet with this, so DH suggested maybe apricot or mango preserves next time. Thanks kchristi for the recipe. Made for My 3 Chefs, Fall 2008.