Recipe by AshleyTruckley
Possibly the easiest and quickest thing you can throw together! Time does not include chilling time, as you can chill for as long or as little as you want or serve immediately. Flavours blend better with a little time to rest though.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can tuna in water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- hot sauce
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a fork flake tuna into small little bits into a bowl.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl and mash with the fork until everything is well combined.
- Add the dijon a small sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste and continue mashing.
- Add the hot sauce to taste! I add up to a full tablespoon, sometimes more, but this is entirely up to your preference. Add a small amount at a time and taste as you mash until you achieve a flavour you like!.
- Scoop the mixture onto the center of a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap tightly and shape into a ball as you roll. Toss it into th fridge until chilled, or into the freezer for 30 mins or so it you are really strapped for time.
- Serve on a platter with crackers!
- You can use a different canned fish too! Try Crab or Salmon!
- Try rolling the ball in finely chopped nuts or grated cheese!
- You can omit the hot sauce and dijon and try other seasonings of your choice! (fresh herbs? garlic? hot peppers?).