Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Great party appetizer for a large crowd...
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) package blue cheese
- 1 (5 ounce) jarold english cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package smoked cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) bag pretzel sticks
- Bring cheeses to room temperature. Blend all cheeses well. Crush garlic and add to cheese mixture. Add Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce and mix well.
- Add 1/3 cup parsley and 1/2 cup chopped pecans to cheese mixture and blend well. Chill until easy to handle.
- Mix remaining parsley and pecans together.
- Roll cheese into balls that are about 1 inch in diameter. Roll each ball in the parsley/nut mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Insert a pretzel stick into each cheese ball just before serving.
Made this for a neighborhood potluck several days ago, & although I admit to not even tasting it, I must admit that it got many, many raves, based mostly on the combo of cheeses, I'm told! I'm not big on either blue or smoked cheese, but that's just me, & almost everyone else totally loved these! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Other than omitting the hot sauce, made as written, great late night snack, after dinner, made mine a little bigger, and ended up with 20. GREAT APPETIZER. Made for your win in FootballPool..
These looked and tasted sensational - and disappeared super-fast at the pre-Christmas party I took them to. I reduced the amount of hot sauce and worcestershire sauce - so that I could at least sample some: zero tolerance of anything hot - and I increased the garlic to three cloves (minced) and added some of my favourite herbs, namely a rosemary and sage blend I've been using in a lot of recipes and thyme. Thanks for sharing this recipe, loof. Made for PRMR.