Recipe by Mia #3
This is a wonderful creamy cheesy pate, with a bit of a crunch in it. Got the recipe from an old friend and then I just added to it whatever I liked. It's a real winner--all of my family and friends just love it. They can't seem to get enough. I truly hope you all will enjoy this recipe as much as we all do! Dig in and enjoy!
Top Review by Darkhunter
Well, it certaintly has a lot going on! I did like the addition of the onion soup mix. Gave it a little extra crunch. Will make a great pretty addition to my Christmas plates. Thnx for posting, Mia. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
- 16 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces ratted cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 70 g Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 300 g sliced ham
- 5 ounces Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 dash lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- You mix all the ingredients together, for the exception of the sliced ham and the hot sauce. Mix very well till it forms a ball. You then place it on a serving dish and let set aside.
- Meanwhile grind up the ham in a food processor. Pat this around the cheese ball till it's fully covered.
- You then pour the hot sauce into a bowl and squeeze a dash of lemon juice. Mix a little and then spread over ham,making sure its coated well.
- Serve with you favourite crackers and enjoy!