Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite cheese ball recipes. I have lost and found this recipe so many times, I decided to put it here. This only makes one cheese ball, so I make more to give out as gifts, around the holidays. You can also make this ahead of time and freeze up to one month.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 3 -4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or 3 -4 tablespoons parsley
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup crushed nuts, of your choice
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese.
- Add the next 10 ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into a ball.
- Roll in parsley or crushed nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Serve with crackers, bagel chips, or vegetables.
- Yield 1 cheese ball.