Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Someone gave me this recipe many years ago after I tried it, loved it and had to have the recipe. It's always my favorite choice for appetizer. I always get rave reviews and it is always devoured. It's so easy to make. This great cheese ball dip is excellent served with the crackers called "Sociables". I never use anything else with it. NOTE: I often get 6-8 ounces deli ham (instead of a package of wafer thin sandwich ham) and ask them to slice it wafer thin or shave it for a recipe.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 green onion stems
- 1 (6 ounce) package ham, wafer thin
- Leave cream cheese out to soften to room temperature.
- Meanwhile chop the green onions stems or sprigs into very thin slices (smaller than a dime in thickness).
- And dice wafer thin ham into small pieces like onion.
- Mix together cream cheese, accent, green onion and 1/2 the diced ham. Once thoroughly combined evenly, form mixture into a ball shape with your hands.
- Then roll ball into remaining half of diced ham.
- I usually make this ahead and refrigerate with wax paper or plastic wrap over it until serving time.
- Center on serving dish and surround with "Sociable" crackers.
- NOTE: For servings I guessed at 8-10 but everyone loves it and eats more than they should so I sometimes make a double recipe depending on what other appetizers I'm making for the holiday and how many are coming.