Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you can stand one more cheese ball, here it is. This doesn't have any "goodies", just cheese and spices. Delicious. Flavor can be varied by using flavored cheese spread.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 4 ounces cheese spread
- 2 cups finely grated mild cheese (cheddar)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- Mix all ingredients except nuts in food processer until smooth.
- Or, use hands to mix as you would meatloaf until well blended and smooth.
- Shape into two balls.
- Roll each ball in chopped nuts.
- Can serve immediately or refrigerate.
Love this cheese ball! I found this recipe when searching for one similar to an old family cheese ball that used the Cheese Whiz in a jar. This is almost identical so I am very pleased. It always disappears at parties. Sometimes I dump everything into a pretty bowl to chill as a spread and skip making it into balls with pecans.
I've made this a bunch of times and didn't realize that I hadn't rated. We love it and so does everyone else. There is no worry that someone won't like an odd ingredient. It makes two really large cheese balls sometimes I just make half. I have rolled it in chopped pecans and also fresh chopped parsley. Both are good.