Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from one of my neighbors. It is so easy and delicious!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Set the cream cheese out for 30 minutes before preparing so it will soften.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except pecans.
- Stir well to combine.
- Shape mixture into a ball or log with your hands.
- Dump pecans onto a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil and roll ball or log in them until well covered.
- Refrigerate or serve immeadiately.
This is the first cheese ball I ever made. It is so yummy it will be the only recipe I will ever need. I read the reviews before making it. I read from a lot that the ranch was too much so I only added 1/2 the package & 1/2 the worcestershire sauce. It is DELICIOUS!!! One of my kids can't stand cream cheese & he loves this!! This will be great for holiday parties. Thank You!!
I had to make a few adjustments to make this cheese ball turn out correctly. At first I followed the recipe to a 'T' (but only added about 1/2 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce, b/c I felt the entire tablespoon would be too much). Even the 1/2 tablespoon turned out to be too much -- that and the ranch was all we could taste. I ended up having to add another 8 ounces of cream cheese to it, and that really helped. You could actually taste the other flavors. I didn't have any pecans so I ended up using almonds instead, which worked very well. All in all -- the cheese ball was very tasty and my family loved it, but be sure to add extra cream cheese and less worcestershire sauce, b/c it ends up being really overwhelming.
Very Good! I used 2 packages of cream cheese and we thought it was just right! Thanks for sharing.