Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is super good. From an old McCalls cook book I drug out of somewhere. I like to try old recipes in new ways. This is great with fresh green beans, and a nice dinner salad.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs halibut steaks, 3/4 inches each
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese or 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, about 1/4 lb
- 1⁄4 cup packaged dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a large, shallow baking dish.
- Wipe halibut with damp cloth; place halibut in dish. Pour lemon juice over fish. Then salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minute.
- Meanwhile, combine cheese and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle fish with cheese mixture.Bake 10 minute longer, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve right from baking dish.