Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I make this to serve with baked pork chops and garlic roasted potatoes. Its always good with chicken as well. The recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (19 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup pimiento, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- black pepper
- bell pepper, strips
- Combine corn, milk, buttermilk, eggs, cracker crumbs, pimento, bell pepper, butter, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish and top with 1 cup cheddar cheese and some bell pepper strips.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Cook covered for the first 45 minutes then remove lid to brown cheese.
easy to make,looked & tasted very good.i made this dish for xmas dinner,on 2007.everyone loved it,i plan on making this dish with alot of different meals as it goes with almost anything.