Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These make a great snack or lunchbox treat, really simple to make, they can be eaten hot or cold. Ham can be used instead of bacon if you prefer.
- Place bacon, cheese, onion & flour in a bowl.
- Combine milk, egg & mustard and add mixture to dry ingredients.
- Line an oven-tray with baking paper, spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the tray, allowing enough space for spreading.
- Bake at 200.C for 20 mins or until golden.
- Can be eaten hot ot cold.
I scaled it back to a half recipe and used the ham option and subbed spring onion for the onion due to allergy issues. I got 9 from the mix baking them in well greased small muffin tin holes. This made a delightful tasty morsel of a snack. Thank you **Mandy**, made for Gimme 5 Recipe Tag Game.
I used a combo of bacon and ham (I pre-cooked the bacon before using, as the recipe didn't state if uncooked could be used) and I thought they were way better right out of the oven than on the morning after. Everyone at bruch seemed to like them though and they were all eaten. (Baked at 375 for 18 min, but mine were a little smaller, as I got 19 rounds from this recipe.)
These are little gems of an appetizer or snack! They taste like little bacon and cheese biscuits but with such a light texture - not heavy at all and such a wonderful mix of flavors. These will be made often at our home! Thanks Mandy. Made for BevTag Jan08.