Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Southern Living Magazine
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chives, chopped
- Combine water and butter in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a bowl, and mix well. Add flour mixture to pan and cook, beating 5 minutes or until mixture leaves the side of the pan and forms a smooth ball. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in cheese, bacon and chives.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
These are yummy. I halved the recipe and froze some. They reheated well and taste great.