Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Need a spicy, new starter? Our Cheese & Bacon Jalapeño Rellenos have an extra-creamy, extra exciting filling!
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.)
- 1 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA
- 4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 18 jalapeno peppers, cut lengthwise in half, seeds and membranes removed
- HEAT oven to 375°F
- COMBINE all ingredients except peppers; spoon into peppers.
- PLACE, filled-sides up, on baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Substitute: Substitute 3 large red, yellow or green bell peppers, each cut into 6 triangles, for the jalapeno pepper halves. Top with cheese mixture before baking as directed.
- Special Extra: Add 1/4 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne) to the cream cheese mixture before spooning into peppers.
- Substitute: Prepare using KRAFT Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese or KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- How to Handle Fresh Chile Peppers: When handling fresh chile peppers, be sure to wear disposable rubber or clear plastic gloves to avoid irritating your skin. Never touch your eyes, nose or mouth when handling the peppers. If you've forgotten to wear the gloves and feel a burning sensation in your hands, apply a baking soda and water paste to the affected area. After rinsing the paste off, you should feel some relief.