Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
Nice appetizer or light meal. This recipe I have had for years and it is from the Pillsbury Kitchens' Family Cookbook.
- 8 ounces Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup stuffed olives, sliced (optional)
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 6 slices bacon, fried, drained and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate cresent dough into 2 rectangles. Place in 13 x 9 pan; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust, sealing perforations.
- Sprinkle cheeses over dough.
- Combine egg, onion, milk, olives and mushrooms; pour over cheeses.
- Sprinkle with bacon and parsley.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22 to 28 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and filling is set.
- Cool 5 minutes and cut into squares.
It was a tasty breakfast for us. Due picky kids, I left off the olives and mushrooms, so it was more of a simplified quiche. I really liked the mix of the cheeses.
What a great appetizer. We really enjoyed this little gem. It was quick and easy to put together and tasted great. The squares were very very tasty and had great textures. I will make these again. Thanks for sharing