Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lovely scone to go with dinner.
Make and share this Cheese, Bacon & Chive Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 78.07 ml butter, chilled and cut into 12 pieces
- 177.44 ml milk, room temperature
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slice bacon, cooked, cooled and chopped into small pieces
- 14.79 ml chives, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 14.79 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper
- Make glaze by combining beaten egg with 1 tbsp milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the grated cheese, chopped cooked bacon and chives to the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the milk, and stir gently with a wooden spoon, until mixture just forms a ball.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Roll or pat dough 1 inch thick and using a floured 2 1/2 inch cutter, cut out rounds.
- Place on the prepared baking pan and brush with glaze.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of grated cheddar cheese on the top of each scone (if desired).
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top and cheese has melted
- Cool on wire rack.
These were very good! I doubled the chives and used Colby-Jack with peppers to give it a little extra kick. Definitely a keeper!