1/1 Photo of Cheese, Bacon & Chive Scones
A lovely scone to go with dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 78.07 ml butter, chilled and cut into 12 pieces
- 177.44 ml milk, room temperature
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slice bacon, cooked, cooled and chopped into small pieces
- 14.79 ml chives, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 14.79 ml milk
- 1Preheat oven to 400 °F
- 2Line a baking pan with parchment paper
- 3Make glaze by combining beaten egg with 1 tbsp milk. Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- 5Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 6Add the grated cheese, chopped cooked bacon and chives to the dry ingredients.
- 7Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the milk, and stir gently with a wooden spoon, until mixture just forms a ball.
- 8Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- 9Roll or pat dough 1 inch thick and using a floured 2 1/2 inch cutter, cut out rounds.
- 10Place on the prepared baking pan and brush with glaze.
- 11Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of grated cheddar cheese on the top of each scone (if desired).
- 12Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top and cheese has melted
- 13Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese, Bacon & Chive Scones
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.3
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.7 mg
- Sodium 494.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g