1/4 Photos of Cheese Babka Made Easy in the Bread Machine
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups milk, scalded and cooled to lukewarm
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron (optional)
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- 5 cups flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Additions to be added at beep of cycle
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup white raisins (soaked in hot apple juice, rum or vodka for 15 minutes and drained) or 1 cup dried cherries (soaked in hot apple juice, rum or vodka for 15 minutes and drained) or 1 cup dried cranberries (soaked in hot apple juice, rum or vodka for 15 minutes and drained)
- 1/3 cup almond cookie, crushed into fine crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2Add all wet ingredients to bread machine.
- 3Top with flour and place yeast, sugar and salt in separate corners.
- 4Or add the ingredients according to your bread machine.
- 5Set machine to large loaf, dough cycle and press start.
- 6At the beep add the zest, cinnamon, cardamom, raisins, and or cranberries.
- 7Cheese filling:.
- 8Mix cheese filling ingredients together.
- 9Prepare pan:.
- 10Generously butter a fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with fine bread crumbs.
- 11When cycle has finished remove dough to a floured surface.
- 12Punch down dough and shape and roll out into a log about 20x 10. Then place cheese filling in the center down the long side of the roll, bringing the sides over to encase the filling. Then place into prepared pan covering with plastic wrap and let rise 60 minutes or till risen to top of pan.
- 13Brush with eggwash and sprinkle with almonds.
- 14Bake 350 for 45-60 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Babka Made Easy in the Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.4
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 161.3 mg
- Sodium 436.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of