Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy and quite good. Serves 36-40 as an appetizer.
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 loaf fresh bread, sliced thin & crust trimmed (18-20 slices)
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- In a small bowl, beat together cheese, mayonnaise, horseradish, and cayenne pepper.
- Spread cheese mixture thinly on bread slices; sprinkle with chopped pepper.
- Roll around asparagus spears and fasten with toothpicks.
- Toast briefly under broiler until browned (cheese will melt fast).
- If serving as appetizers, cut each in half and arrange halves on a serving platter.