1/1 Photo of Cheese Arepas
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This recipe is from Venezuela. It is from recipes4us.co.uk. It is posted for ZWT4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl and gradually add the warm water, mixing to form a stiff dough.
- 2Add the cheese and knead the dough for a few minutes then form into 4 balls.
- 3Flatten the balls to a thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- 5Add the arepas and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp and golden, turning 3 or 4 times.
- 6Drain on kitchen paper.
- 7To Serve - split the arepas in half, place on serving plates and garnish with avocado, tomato slices and olives.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Arepas
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.2
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 309.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: