Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a wonderful make ahead dish, the cheeese gets crusty and forms a wonderful sauce, it can be made lower fat by using low fat cheese.This is delicious served with wild rice.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- garlic powder
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (optional)
- Brown chicken breast in frying pan coated with spray oil.
- Place chicken breasts in single layer in large ovenproof casserole dish.
- Mix together soup.
- wine, mushrooms and seasonings, except paprika.
- Pour over chicken.
- Top with cheese and sprinkle lavishly with paprika.
- Bake at 325 for two hours.
Easy,Quick, Delicious!!!!!!! I added the cheese in the last 20 minutes of cooking so it was nicely melted and bubbly. I left out the curry powder.
I'm finally getting around to rating some recipes I have tried. We thoroughly enjoyed this one! I did use the curry powder but used just a teaspoon. The curry powder really does make this dish. Look forward to making this again! Thanks for posting, June Langton! M. Joan