Recipe by **Mandy**
From Kraft Foods. I used to buy these from the bakery but now I don't have to, they're so easy to make. Posted for ZWT III.
Top Review by esmerelda smoot
Thank You Mandy for sharing this recipe. I am not an Aussie but I did live in your beautiful country for a bit of time. When I got pregnant I started craving Brumby's Cheddarmite Scrolls. I was so happy to have found this recipe. I was a little stingy with the vegemite (i only used 1 tbs) because I know we American's tend to use way too much. I really think that i will use 2 tbs next time. I also chose sharp cheddar since I was trying to replicate Brumby's. Oh and 220*C converts to 428*F just in case anyone else needs to know that.
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g butter
- 375 ml milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegemite
- 200 g grated tasty cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl then rub through butter. Stir in enough milk to make soft dough. Knead gently on a lightly floured surface, and then roll to form a 40 cm x 25 cm rectangle.
- Spread the Vegemite over the dough then sprinkle over 3/4 of the cheese. Roll up along the long side to enclose the cheese. Cut 10 x 4cm pieces from the roll and place close together, cut side up on a greased baking tray.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in a hot oven 220ºC for 15-20 minutes or until cooked and golden.