Recipe by Mrs. Hughes
This recipe came from a local recipe pamphlet.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
You really can't go wrong with a quesadilla! These were very tasty and easy to make and that's just what I am looking for when I want lunch :) I used fire-roasted tomatoes since the fresh looked bad at the store and I used taco cheese instead of plain cheddar for an extra zip. Took a couple of minutes in the pan and lunch was ready. Thanks for posting! Made for Pick~A~Chef spring 2008.
- 3⁄4 cup tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 8 (8 inch) fat free tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup sharp reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup no-salt-added salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide first three ingredients evenly among tortillas, arranging just off center of each.
- Top each evenly with cheese.
- Coat a medium sized nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot.
- Place one tortilla in skillet.
- Cooke 1 minute or until bottom of tortilla is golden.
- Fold tortilla in half.
- Cook 30 seconds or until cheese melts.
- Repeat for all quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.
- Top wedges with salsa.