Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice brunch recipe, and is especially good in the summer when tomatoes are at their best. I use old or sharp cheddar, but you can use any type of cheese.
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 3 -4 tomatoes
- onion, sliced thinly
- grated cheese (any type of cheese)
- 3 eggs
- Line dish with pastry.
- Slice 3 or 4 tomatoes and place as bottom layer.
- Over tomatoes, place a layer of sliced onion.
- The next layer is grated cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat eggs and pour over contents in the dish.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
This is a very nice recipe. I made it as directed. The crust was a little soggy, so next time, I will pre-bake the crust for 5-7 minutes before adding the wet ingredients. The taste was delightful, and it made a pretty presentation. Thanks for sharing this recipe! :-)