Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are AMAZING appetizers! I finally got the "secret" recipe from my friend. The amounts of pesto, nuts and parmesean are estimates, you can adjust to taste. Go easy on the pesto or it tends to overpower. Even non blue cheese lovers will like these, I promise!
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) package blue cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Thaw puff pastry for 1 hour.
- Unfold onto a cutting board, and cut into one inch squares.
- Bake at 350 degrees until browned (about 10 minutes). Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Thoroughly mix cream cheese, blue cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spread each pastry square with about 1/4 teaspoon cheese mixture. (This process is made much easier by using a pastry bag and piping the softened mixture onto the pastry.).
- Top each with a small dab of pesto sauce.
- Sprinkle with walnuts then Parmesan cheese.
- Put onto an un-greased cookie sheet, and broil just until cheese melts (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Serve immediately.