Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe from a friend. They are one of my favorite appetizers. Cook time is an estimate because she said she doesn't pay that much attention. Chill time is 1-2 hours.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup bleu cheese salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- In a saucepan, add the onions and spinach; cook according to the directions on the package of spinach; drain and press out liquid.
- In a mixing bowl add the spinach, eggs, cheeses, dressing, margarine, garlic powder, peppers, and Worcestershire sauce; stir to combine.
- Add the muffin mix; stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a very lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes (estimate).
These were tasty but not quite what I expected. I was not able to roll them into balls - they looked more like cookies after they baked. They were also VERY spicy so you might want to lessen the cayenne pepper. However, they were very tasty.
I made these to snack on while we were watching the College World Series. Very, very delicious and my husband and teenager son who aren't especially spinach fans loved them. Our team didn't do as well as we hoped but hey, you can't have everything. These are very easy to make. I used Jiffy brand corn muffin mix. Thanks for sharing the recipe.