Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A different way of serving savoury pancakes. From Sainsburys supermarket.
- 600 ml milk
- 1 medium size egg
- 125 g plain whole wheat flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 50 g butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 125 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 375 g spinach, trimmed
- 175 g gruyere cheese, finely grated
- 15 g plain flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place half the milk, the egg, wholemeal flour and seasoning to taste in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Heat ½ x teaspoon oil in a small frying pan and pour in sufficient batter to coat the base of the pan when tipped gently. Cook until golden, then turn over and cook the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining oil (as needed) and batter to make approximately 8 pancakes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, gas mark 5.
- Heat half the butter in a saucepan and add the onion and mushrooms.
- Fry gently for 2-3 minutes, then add the spinach and cheese along with some seasoning to taste. Cook for a further minute.
- Divide the filling between the pancakes, reserving any excess liquid, roll them up and arrange in a greased ovenproof dish.
- Heat the remaining butter and stir in the plain flour.
- Gradually add the remaining milk and any reserved liquid and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes, until smooth and thickened.
- Add seasoning, to taste, and pour the sauce over the pancakes.
- Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley before serving.