Great served warm for breakfast or as a side to soup.
Make and share this Cheese and Spinach Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach, coarsely chopped, stems trimmed off
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- parmesan cheese, for sprinkling on top
- In large bowl beat milk, butter and egg.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, 1/4 cup Parmesan, green onion, baking powder and salt.
- Fold flour mixture, spinach and Swiss cheese into milk mixture until just combined.
- Divide evenly among 12 greased muffin cups and sprinkle additional Parmesan on top.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Try decreasing butter to 1/4 cup, increasing green onion to 1/3 cup and spinach to a full cup. Add fresh ground black pepper and 2 Tbsp chopped basil or dill.