1/2 Photos of Cheese and Spinach Muffins
Great served warm for breakfast or as a side to soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, coarsely chopped, stems trimmed off
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- parmesan cheese, for sprinkling on top
- 1In large bowl beat milk, butter and egg.
- 2In a separate bowl stir together flour, 1/4 cup Parmesan, green onion, baking powder and salt.
- 3Fold flour mixture, spinach and Swiss cheese into milk mixture until just combined.
- 4Divide evenly among 12 greased muffin cups and sprinkle additional Parmesan on top.
- 5Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- 6Try decreasing butter to 1/4 cup, increasing green onion to 1/3 cup and spinach to a full cup. Add fresh ground black pepper and 2 Tbsp chopped basil or dill.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Spinach Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 235.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g