Recipe by jusme
I combined a Stuffed Jumbo Shell recipe with our favorite Manicotti recipe to make this easy cheese and spinach stuffed shell recipe. Don't be scared by the long ingredient list; it goes together quickly. Cottage cheese is an easy substitute for ricotta cheese. You can also use any spaghetti sauce you'd like, including homemade.
- 340.19 g package jumbo pasta shells, uncooked
- 680.38 g small curd cottage cheese (I used lowfat, any kind works)
- 473.18 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml parsley
- 14.79 ml instant chicken bouillon (dried)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml dried thyme leaves
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 737.08 g spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Mix remaining ingredients, except for mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of parmesan and sauce, in bowl.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of sauce on the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Fill each shell with about 1 heaping tablespoon of cottage cheese mixture; layer 1/2 of shells in prepared dish. Spread 1/2 of remaining sauce over the shells; layer remaining filled shells over sauce. Spread remaining sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle with reserved parmesan cheese and mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. It will probably take the full time, though, to heat the shells in the middle.