1/1 Photo of Cheese and Soft Pretzel Sandwich
Something different to put in your child's lunchbox! A little more fun to eat than a regular sandwich....customize it to suit your child's (or your own) taste! If you have really thick pretzels, you can cut them in half. Experiment with the flavored pretzels and different cheese and meat combos. This is easily customizable, and is just something different from a regular "sandwich" or "wrap" in a lunchbox! Food.com had a hard time understanding the pretzels....you use the large soft pretzels, like Auntie Annies. You can buy the frozen ones at the grocery store too. You use two for each sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (4 1/2 inch) soft pretzels, the thick large kind (if you use the frozen ones, cook them first according to directions)
- 1 -2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard (or use mayonnaise if your child doesn't like mustard)
- 2 slices cheese (use your child's favorite)
- 3 ounces sliced deli meat (use your child's favorite)
- lettuce, sprouts, spinach, shredded carrots...whatever your child likes
- 1Spread bottom side of each pretzel with 1/2 teaspoon mustard or mayonnaise, or a combination of both.
- 2To make each sandwich, you want to layer 1 pretzel, mustard/mayo-side up, with 1 slice cheese, 1/4 meat and 1 slice cheese.
- 3Place the other pretzel, mustard/mayo-side down, over sandwich ingredients and press gently.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Soft Pretzel Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.3
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.7 mg
- Sodium 1154.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: