Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was a family favorite while I was grwoing up and is now one of my husband's favorite meals as well. Very simple and very delicious! Great with a nice crusty piece of bread.
- 3 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (or eqiuivalent granules)
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 15 1⁄4 ounces corn, drained
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese (No substitutes and do not use light!)
- Combine everything except Velveeta in 1 1/2 quart saucepan.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in Velveeta until melted.
This has got to be one of the best soups I've ever tried. Very rich and full of flavor. Great stuff!
Comfort food at its best! We loved it! Thanks for a great recipe :)
This was warm , and comforting soup . I think I would have liked a little ham instead of the kielbasa . I liked the simplicity of this soup but , felt it was missing something . I will give it a try with the ham next time and see if I like it better that way .