Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentis Quick, Easy and Delicious
Make and share this Cheese and Rosemary Breadsticks recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with silicone baking sheets or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, chop the Parmesan, Gruyere and rosemary together until coarsely chopped.
- Set the cheese mixture aside.
- Separate the dough strips.
- Using a pizza cutter or a large sharp knife, cut each dough strip in half lengthwise to form thin strips.
- Working with dough strip at a time, coat each strip with the olive oil and then the cheese mixture, pressing very gently.
- Twist each cheese covered dough strip and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with the salt, if you wish.
- Bake until the breadsticks are golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the warm breadsticks to a basket and serve.
Quick, easy, and delicious. This is a standard for an bread with our week night dinners.
I have made these MANY times and they are delicious and the perfect compliment to any Italian meal, or probably just about any meal. The original recipe (from Giada) does NOT use the olive oil, you just toss the breaksticks in the cheese mixture. I've never used the salt. Gruyere is a bit pricey, but worth it. I've also made them with just parmesan and they are very good that way as well.
Great way to make a regular old breadstick a lot more delicious!