Recipe by Kristen in Chicago
This recipe is good for a quick dinner during the week or even for company. I found it in the New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes. Each pepper would be one carb serving (approx. 15 grams).
- 4 medium green bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Slice off the tops of the peppers.
- Wash the peppers and remove the cores and seeds.
- Stand the pepper cups upright in a saucepan containing 1/2.
- cup boiling water.
- Cover tightly and allow to steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, cheese parsley, salt, and ground pepper.
- Divide the mixture and stuff each pepper.
- Stand the peppers in a loaf pan or cupcake tins.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the filling is hot and the cheese melts.