Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Love how I got this recipe! I bought a cookbook at an estate sale and inside was a very yellowed newspaper clipping from the Chicago Daily News and this recipe was printed on it. I am guessing the yield but correct me if I am wrong if you make these before I do. These sound very different. * Watch the peanut oil for allergies!
- Beat together egg yolks, water, sugar and salt.
- Stir in cottage cheese.
- Add flour; stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Mix in raisins.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into cottage cheese mixture.
- Heat about 1/8 to 1/4 inch oil in a heavy skillet.
- Drop about 1/4 cup cheese mixture into hot oil and fry on each side until golden.
- Serve hot with sour cream.