Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 21 mins
Recipe courtesy of "Sargento Cheese". Ever since learning how to make focaccia using "The Easiest, Bestest Focaccia Bread" recipe on Zaar, I like experimenting with new toppings for the hearty, easy, quick treat. This recipe originally called for 1 loaf of frozen white bread dough, but I'll use the recipe above for the focaccia and proceed with their toppings. YUM! I have NOT tried this recipe, so please feel free to offer suggestions...
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed according to package directions (or 1 recipe of your favorite focaccia bread)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary (optional)
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Prepare and cook your favorite recipe for focaccia bread (or get store bought!). If you use the frozen bread dough listed above, roll out dough onto lightly floured surface into a rectangle. Tranfer to greased baking sheet and let rise for 25 minutes. Bake for 18 minutes. *Before baking either your favorite recipe or the frozen bread dough, brush uncooked dough with mixture of garlic, oil and rosemary.
- Remove cooked focaccia bread from oven and top with prosciutto, dried basil and cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.