Recipe by Sydney Mike
This East European recipe was snagged off the internet specifically for my first participation in Zaar's World Tour 4!
Top Review by Nif
I made these very last minute so I had to use red onion and a mixture of grated cheeses - cheddar, mozzarella, asiago and parmesan. Very good and very easy to make, we enjoyed these with meatloaf and fresh veggies! Made for Went to the Market tag game. Thanks Sydney Mike! :)
- 1 small onion, shredded
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, shredded
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, for frying
- 1 1⁄4 cups gouda cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Add thin layer of olive oil to heated skillet, just enough to cover the bottom.
- In a bowl, combine flour, onions and potatoes, then stir in cheese.
- Spoon piles of potato/cheese mixture into hot skillet, making 3" rounds, 1" apart.
- Cook cakes until golden and crispy, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove cooked cakes and repeat process until 12 pancakes are finished.