Recipe by Halcyon Eve
So good with a big mug of steaming hot, sweet tea! I sometimes like to serve these with pickled onions on the side, too. My favorite pickles to use for this are the wonderfully crisp and fresh-tasting bread & butter pickles sold at Trader Joe's.
Top Review by Sharon123
Delicious! I used to take these with me for lunch when I worked at the John C. Campbell Folk School. Add some grapes and it was a perfect lunch! Thanks! Made for Everyday is a Holiday game.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- mayonnaise, to taste (I just spread thinly on each slice)
- mustard, to taste (whatever kind you like, I like yellow or spicy stone-ground)
- 1 -2 slice cheddar cheese (better with a at least a medium-sharp cheddar, if not sharp cheddar)
- 1⁄4 cup bread and butter pickles, drained (or to taste)