1/1 Photo of Cheese and Pesto Swirls
Delicious bite-sized cheese and pesto swirls are a taste sensation and are perfect for gatherings and events.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- 2Grease an oven proof baking tray.
- 3On a clean surface scatter some plain flour and roll out the puff pastry until it is an inch thick, about an 16x10 inch rectangle.
- 4Spread the pesto thinly on to the pastry making sure you leave a 1 inch margin all the way around.
- 5Then sprinkle the cheddar, dried basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Starting with one of the long sides of the rectangle roll the puff pastry like a Swiss roll making sure you paste the last inch with the egg wash, to seal it.
- 7Once rolled refrigerate the pastry for at least 20- 30 minutes.
- 8Once you have removed the pastry roll from the fridge use a sharp knife and cut in to ½ inch slices and place the slices on to the baking tray.
- 9Then use a pastry brush and paste the slices with egg wash.
- 10Cook the slices in the oven for abut 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- 11Transfer them to wire rack until completely cooled.
- 12Recipe by <a href="http://www.theclipgroup.com/" title="CLIP Creative and PR" rel="nofollow">CLIP Creative and PR</a>.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Pesto Swirls
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.6
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.9 mg
- Sodium 434.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: