Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chpped green peppers
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl,make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine eggs,milk and oil,add to dry ingredients,stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans,filling 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.