Recipe by CookingMonster
I made this and it was lovely. Sourcream was a nice different change, but you could also substitute cottage cheese. A keeper for me, I got it from my favorite kind of cookbook, a Community Cookbook.Similar to lasagne. I guess you could call this a lazy lasagne. And it is less fuss too.
- 8 ounces shell pasta
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 ounces canned stewed tomatoes
- 14 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 10 ounces mushrooms, and juice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until el dente'.
- Set aside.
- Brown beef.
- Drain, and put in a large pot.
- Add onions, garlic, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 20 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Put in a casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake until the cheese melts.
- Arrange in the casserole as follows:.
- Start with half of pasta.
- 1/2 of meat.
- 1/2 of sourcream.
- and continue on and putting cheddar and mozzarella on top.