1/2 Photos of Cheese and Onion Tart
1 hr 5 mins
A very tasty, savoury tart. A green salad alongside and dinner is served.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 88.74 ml cold butter, cut into bits
- 29.58 ml cold Crisco, cut into bits
- 1For crust: Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Combine flour and salt and cut in butter and Crisco until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Add 3 tblsps ice water and combine until it forms a ball.
- 4Flatten into a 6 inch disk and chill it, wrapped in plastic wrap, for 1 hour.
- 5Roll out to 1/8 inch thick on lightly-floured surface and fit into a 9 inch tart pan.
- 6Trim edge and prick all over with a fork.
- 7Bake in middle of oven for 10 minutes.
- 8Let cool.
- 9Maintain oven temperature.
- 10For filling: Cook onion in butter over moderately-low heat until softened.
- 11Mash blue cheese with half and half and stir in eggs, Cheddar, onion and salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Pour into shell and bake for 10 minutes.
- 13Reduce oven temperature to 350F and bake 25 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Onion Tart
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.4
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 186.8 mg
- Sodium 738.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 14.1 g