Recipe by Peter J
Nice quick way to spriten up some plain beef sausages. I'd personally always go with natural cheese rather than processed for something like this but other pizza style cheeses like mozzarella would be good for a variation.
Top Review by Kiwi Kathy
A great way to tart up sausages. Really moreish and very quick and easy. I used 100% pork sausages. I won't post the photo as the current one by The Flying Chef is devine. Thank you Peter J for posting such a simple and easy way to serve sausages.
Directions See How It's Made
- Par-boil sausages for around 10 minutes in boiling water, drain and allow to cool just a little.
- Finely grate cheese and onion together in a small bowl.
- Cut a slit down the middle of each sausage for around 2/3 of the length that goes half-way through.
- Press equal amounts of the mixture well down into the sausage.
- Transfer to a hot BBQ / grill and cook around 10-15 minutes over a fairly moderate heat (without turning for obvious reasons).