Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from BBC Good Food, can be frozen unbaked.
Make and share this Cheese and Onion Slice recipe from Food.com.
- 600 g baking potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 300 g mature cheese, 200g grated, 100g cubed
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 500 g puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Boil potatoes for 15 mins until tender, drain and smash a little.
- Mix the cheese, cayenne and onions with the smashed potatoes.
- Roll out the pastry to a rectangle about 25 x 35cm. Lift onto a baking sheet and brush all over with beaten egg.
- Press the cheese mix along one of the long sides of the pastry, leaving 2cm pastry free on one side for sealing, and half of the pastry empty.
- Fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges together, trim with a knife and seal with a fork.
- Brush with egg and bake for 30 minutes.